This is a guest post from massage therapist in American Fork – www.TrudyBarnes.com. Make sure you redeem the UCR special coupon for a limited time massage offer. Learn more about what integrative therapy is and how it could help you or someone you love.
There are many dysfunctions that can be alleviated by cranial sacral therapy.
Here are five common complaints:
- TMJ ~ relieved by working on the facial muscles, lymphatics, and inside the mouth~opening the avenue for expression. The Mandible (Jaw) and Temporal Joint are accessed through CST.
- Chronic neck and back tension ~ commonly caused by base of the skull tightness (occiput), and a compressed sacrum. Since the cranium and sacrum are connected by the spine, both are affected.
- Post-Natal issues ~ balancing the three master bones: sacrum, occiput, and sphenoid~brings the mother’s body back into balance after the stressors of birth.
- Anxiety and Depression ~ these can be minimized with a cranial system balance.
- Whiplash~ or hyper-extension, can be relieved best within the first 72 hours after an auto accident or trauma affecting the head and neck.